Installation and Operating Instructions
Camac Sump Pumps
- When installing your Camac sump pump, it is important to insure proper flow to the pump. The suction piping should never be reduced smaller than the pump inlet size. On pump installations requiring an extended inlet line, the suction should be increased one pipe size for every 4 feet of extended pipe and the extended pipe should not exceed 8'10" in length. The suction piping should never be reduced smaller than the pump inlet size.
- When using an extended pipe or a foot valve on the pump suction, care should be taken to avoid starving the pump. The bottom of your inlet piping should be 1½ times the diameter of your suction piping off the bottom of your tank. If a foot valve is used, care should be taken to avoid clogging. A particularly opened valve will cause cavitations of the pump. SEE EXHIBIT "A"
- When using a level control probe to shut the pump on and off, your probes should be set to turn the pump off before the solution level reaches the bottom of the pump suction and should also be set for the pump to come on after the liquid level is even with or above the top of your discharge port.
NOTE: It is important that the Camac pump never be allowed to run partially dry. This will cause severe cavitations and destroy the pump. SEE EXHIBIT "A"
Sleeve bearings consist of an ultra pure ceramic inner sleeve and a reinforced teflon outer sleeve. FPT ports (3/8") and polypro tubing ("1/4") are provided for lubrication of bearings by CLEAN WATER.
IMPORTANT: NEVER RUN THE PUMP BEARINGS WITHOUT COOLANT. CARE MUST BE TAKEN TO INSURE THERE IS SUFFICIENT BACK PRESSURE - APPROXIMATELY 3 TO 5 PSI AT 3/8" FPT DISCHARGE PORTS TO PROPERLY FLUSH THE BEARINGS. DON'T OVERCOMPENSATE. THE COLUMN WILL FILL WITH WATER AND CREAE UNDUE CANTILEVER STRESS.
- Camac sump pumps can only be vertically mounted. Support restraints for the pump column and discharge piping must be provided to eliminate cantilever stress and breakage.
- When using your Camac pump as a sump pump with extended suction piping, in order to have the pump continue pumping once the solution has reached the discharge port on your pump, it is necessary to maintain the slight back pressure on the discharge line to keep pump performance at the established curve perimeters and eliminate capitation. SEE EXHIBIT "A"
- In order to prevent air locking, it is necessary to install a small diameter air bleed valve on the discharge line.
- External bearing has been factory prelubricated with high quality grease. Where service renders exposure to moisture, dirt, or corrosive chemicals, or where extremely long life is required, periodic relubrication may be advisable. Camac Industries will advise of suitable greases upon request.