Assembly Instructions for Vertical Immersion Pumps
Models SM-40B to SM-90B Bracket Design
- Position motor mount on "C" face of motor. Do not bolt
- Loosely bolt bearing to motor mount.
- Lift motor mount and slip coupling onto motor shaft.
- Tighten motor mount bolts. Loose fit.
- Insert vapor seal with open side facing out into CPVC mounting flange.
- Position mounting flange onto motor mount (vapor seal closest to motor) and tighten four each flat head bolts with nuts through mounting flange.
- Mount column(s) with reinforced teflon outer sleeve(s) aligning slats and notches. Tighten.
- Position bottom flange onto lower column utilizing aligning slats and notches. Tighten with hex head cap screws.
- For one piece shaft sleeve, slide shaft sleeve (with bearings) over shaft.
- For two or more shaft sleeve arrangement, slide collar onto top of shaft.
- For two or more shaft sleeves, slide with bearings and O-rings in designated order over shaft. Mark shaft at point where top of sleeve ends. Slide sleeves and O-rings down, and tighten collar 1/16" down from mark. Slide sleeves and O-rings back.
- Align stainless steel key in key way.
- Insert viton O-ring into impeller.
- Align impeller onto stainless steel shaft.
- Insert vtion O-ring into impeller cap.
- Tighten impeller cap onto stainless steel shaft.
- Insert shaft and impeller through column(s)/sleeve(s), bearing and collar and into coupling. Tighten coupling with 1/64" space between impeller back vanes and under surface of bottom flange.
- Tighten bearing.
- Tighten collar.
- Tighten coupling.
- Mount volute case with O-ring to bottom flange hex head cap screws. Snug fit.